Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guideto-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Atlas Cloud, will collect and use your personal data for providing our services and gathering marketing information on the visitors to our website.
Why does Atlas Cloud need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to deliver our services to you or your business, we may need to collect personal data for a number of purposes, including:
- To provide support and respond to enquiries relating to the service we provide to you.
- For administration purposes in relation to the service we provide to you.
- For research and marketing purposes in order to improve the services offered by Atlas Cloud.
We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will Atlas Cloud share my personal data with anyone else?
All visitors to our website are tracked via a third party called Lead Forensics. This is to enable us to keep marketing material relevant and not store any unnecessary data.
If we wish to pass your data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Atlas Cloud use the personal data it collects about me?
Atlas Cloud will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Atlas Cloud Ltd. is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Atlas Cloud contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Atlas Cloud at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Atlas Cloud does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Atlas Cloud Ltd. or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
How do I make a request to Atlas Cloud?
Requests can be made to object, view, amend or delete personal data by:
Email: email@example.com Letter: Data Protection Officer
Atlas Cloud Ltd, Generator Studios
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne & Wear
We will process your request within 30 days of receipt, free of charge.